Monday, January 16, 2012

Hockey!

  As many of you know, I am a huge sports geek.  This doesn't necessarily mean that I am up to date on all the pro leagues and teams of each sport, (although I am up to date on the Red Wings - thanks to my husband!) I really like going and watching local games when I know of someone playing.  I like it even more when I'm allowed to bring my camera(s) along!
  Luck would have it that I know of two hockey players that play for the same team, Oakland Junior Grizzlies.  Both are actually from Russia, and are here in hopes of showcasing their hockey abilities to either get drafted or get picked up by other professional leagues such as the QHL(Quebec Hockey League), OHL(Ontario Hockey League), and CHL(Canadian Hockey League) being among them.  In the meantime, I have been trying to catch a game here and there, as well as to get some shots they can send home to Russia.
  Here are some of them:






Check out the Facebook link to the right for more images from this game and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment