Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I heart Faces - Best face of 2011

 Gabriel

 (Photo taken 2/27/2011)

 

I have chosen Gabe for my entry into I Heart Faces "Best Face of 2011."  He is such a courageous little man, who has such charisma, love, and playfulness, that if you were to meet him, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong...


You wouldn't know it from this image, but this young man has been facing an uphill battle most of his life. He has a rare, somewhat mysterious blood disorder that requires him to have blood transfusions every so many weeks, along with a regimen of medications that don't always make him feel better. To complicate things, early in 2011 he was diagnosed as having a malformation of his brain, known as Chiari Malformation. This condition causes fluid to build on the spine and could eventually cause him to ultimately lose feeling in his legs, bladder control, etc. From what I understand, these two problems are completely unrelated. If you find you have time, I ask you might spot a second to say a prayer for this little boy and his family to find peace, and that his doctors are able to determine a better way of treatment, if not ultimately a cure.
Thanks for reading, for your time, for your comments if you've left one, and for stopping in.

Jennifer

For updates on Gabe's progress & treatment, you can visit his journal here: 

  Photo Challenge Submission

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. Gabriel is in my daily prayers. He is such a brave little boy. I believe with all of my heart that one day God will show the doctor's how to treat him and what needs to be done to cure him.

    Crystal Hixson

    ReplyDelete